Finding Alternative Careers
Finding potential alternative careers is personal. It is based on interests, financial need, obligations, responsibilities, motivation, and more.
The methods and techniques taught in Preparing for the Future and this webpage will help you to learn about and to make decisions on choices that you have an interest in.
To assist you in investigating potential career opportunities, outside activities, your multiple intelligences, and the future, here are some books worth looking into.
The Re-Discovery of Common Sense
-A practical book to teach you how to become a strong Critical Thinker, Problem Solver and Decision Maker.
By Chuck Clayton
• What Color is your Parachute—A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
By Richard Nelson Bolles
• I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was—How to Discover What You Really Want and How to Get It
By Barbara Sher with Barbara Smith
• Do What You Are—Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type--Revised and Updated Edition Featuring E-careers for the 21st Century
By Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger
• Wishcraft—How to Get What You Really Want
By Barbara Sher with Annie Gottlieb
• 7 Kinds of Smart—Identifying and Developing Your Multiple Intelligences
By Thomas Armstrong
• Revolutionary Wealth—How it will be created and how it will change our lives.
By Alvin and Heidi Toffler
Return from Alternative Careers to Preparing for the Future